I have been working for over 15 years in creative therapeutic settings with a diverse group of people, including students. Seeing the healing benefits of people finding their own creativity and engaging with a community, as well as experiencing this myself, inspired me to train as a counsellor. Now I support people find their own creative ways to heal and make changes. Working in fast-paced, high-stress environments has also given me a specific interest in work related issues.
As well as my private practice I have previously worked for an alcohol and addiction support agency and Mind, the Mental Health Charity.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Member of BACP workplace
- DipHE Professional Counselling (BACP accredited course)
- Certificate Person Centred Counselling Skills (BACP accredited course)
- Certificate Gestalt Counselling Skills (BACP accredited course)
- Continuous Professional Development in Alcohol, Codependency, Motivational Interviewing, Creativity in Counselling, Shame, Mindfulness
- BSc Social and Cultural Studies